Dental Crowns at The Ivory Dental Clinic in Bangkok
What are Dental Crowns?
A procedure for a dental crown in Bangkok is a type of restoration that caps or encircles the vital tooth that has been destroyed by large cavities, cracks, trauma, or even from a root canal treatment. Crowns will be advised by dentists when minimal good tooth structure is left and in situations where conventional fillings will not hold up. Crowns not only restore teeth back to functionality, but they can also protect them from fracturing under loads without a huge cost to the patient.
Types of Dental Crown Materials
- Full-Metal Crowns: This type of material has been routinely used by dentists for many decades. They are known for their strength, good margin adaptation, conservative tooth preparation, reasonable cost and excellent longevity. Nowadays, full-metal crowns are the restoration method of choice for posterior teeth in high-load (but unaesthetic ) areas and short clinical crowns.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-metal ( PFM ) crowns: these crowns are more aesthetically-pleasing compared with the first type due to a porcelain veneer on top of a metal substructure in order to mimic tooth color. This makes them suitable for a wider scope of application. As a result, they are routinely used in most cases as they combine the qualities of good function and acceptable aesthetics.
- All-Ceramic Crowns: All-ceramic dental crowns have been developed due to a high demand for a more aesthetically pleasing crown in Thailand over the past 30 years. High-strength ceramics, such as Lithium-disilicate, Alumina, or Zirconia, are used as a substructure instead of conventional metal alloys. Since the colors of the ceramic are more similar to a natural tooth, the problem of dark metal showing from conventional porcelain-fused-to-metal prostheses can be minimized, and all-ceramic crowns can also mimic many of the characteristics of natural teeth. And as a result, all-ceramic crowns and prostheses have become more popular these days. However, due to the nature of ceramics being brittle when under high loads, careful material selection, prosthetic design, and case selection by an experienced Dentist is crucial to success in these cases. Additionally, a thorough examination and detailed consultation are also vital in order to achieve successful treatments.
Step-by-Step for Crowns
- Shade selection
- Tooth preparation, impression, and installation of a temporary crown. The temporary crown is placed for 3-7 days while the laboratory fabricates the new crown.
- Crown delivery and cementation on the second visit.
Since crowns are fixed on teeth and cannot be removed for cleaning, crowns must receive the same level of care as your other healthy teeth. Regular tooth brushing, flossing, and fluoride use are important to prevent gum problems and decay occurring underneath the crown margins.
In general, it will take 2 visits (3-7 days for each dental crown)
The Ivory Dental Clinic is dedicated to providing prompt service so every patient can expect timely and efficient treatment.
Get the best care & advice from our dental experts
To book your free consultation with dental crown specialized dentists, contact via WhatsApp : +66949684294 or call +662-275-3599 , +669-4968-4294 or connect with us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org