Is the removal of tooth from its socket in the bone.
Causation of Tooth Extraction:
1. Dental caries or tooth fracture that cannot be restored.
2. Irritaional to treat periodontis tooth.
3. Mal-aligned tooth.
4. Impacted tooth.
5. Tooth extraction for orthodontic reason.
After an extraction, to maintain chewing function, it is recommended to have denture replaced missing tooth.
- After extraction, fold a piece of clean gauze place unto extraction site and bite on for 30 minutes. If the pad become soak with blood, change the gauze and bite on till the bleeding stop.
- Do not spit out the blood.
- Do not rinse your mouth vigorously. This action may dislodge the clot which delay wound healing.
- You can use saline to rinse after bleeding stop by dissolving 1 teaspoon of salt to lukewarm water or use prescribed mouth-rinse solution.
- You can clean the teeth but do not clean at the extraction site.
- Take soft diet and avoid spicy and hot food 2-3 days after extraction.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumptions which affects wound healing.
- Take medication as prescribed. If you have drug allergy, please inform your Doctor.
- No rigorous excrcise for the first few days after extraction, .
- If prolonged bleeding, severe pain or unusual swelling occured, please see the Dorctor.